How to remove dirt, oil stains, and everything else.
Your driveway is the first thing that your guests will notice when they arrive at your house. Your driveway, which is exposed to the elements and has constant foot and vehicle traffic, can be incredibly vulnerable. It will look old and dirty, and may even decrease the value and appearance of your home.
This article will discuss some of the common nuances and how to make your driveway sparkle again.
How to remove oil stains on your driveway
It is not always easy to remove oil stains from driveways. Renters may find it difficult to remove oil stains in order to receive their bond. The size and age of the stain will determine how to remove it.
1. First, use a steel bristled scrub brush or dishwashing detergent and baking soda. Let the baking soda or dishwashing detergent sit on the stain for about 15 minutes, then pour hot tap water over it. Rub firmly in a circular movement and then rinse with water.
2. If the stain is too big or has been set in, you can use a degreaser from a hardware store. Follow the instructions on the bottle of the chosen degreaser. The success of this method depends on both the stain and the degreaser. When using a degreaser, it’s important to wear protective glasses and gloves.
High pressure cleaning is the most effective way to remove oil stains. A professional should be called as improper use of a pressure washer could result in the stain getting deeper into the concrete and escalating your problem. Elite Property Wash, an affordable driveway cleaning services in Gold Coast, uses the most advanced pressure washers available to remove the oil stain without scrubbing for hours or causing further damage to the driveway.
How to get rid of mildew and grime
All driveways are prone to mildew and grime. It can be caused by daily traffic from cars or foot traffic, poor drainage, water flowing from rusty pipes across the driveway and even potted plants that have been left in the same place for a long time. A driveway that is not regularly cleaned will show signs of dirt and grime.
For mildew removal and driveway mould, a mixture of chlorine bleach and warm water is recommended. Wearing protective gloves and clothing, apply the solution on the mildew and allow it to soak for several minutes. After scrubbing the mildew with a stiff bristle brush until it is gone, rinse the area thoroughly with water. The solution of bleach and water must not touch any plants or lawn. Those with a lot of mildew on their driveway may need to scrub for several hours.
Many people use driveway pressure cleaners because they can remove mildew without causing back pain or using chemicals that could harm the area around the driveway. Dirt and grime can be removed using a scrubbing pad and detergent. However, if the area is large, it is more cost-effective (and less painful and time-consuming to do) to have it pressure-cleaned by a professional.
Weather and traffic will cause your driveway to look faded over time. High pressure cleaning is a great way to get quick and easy results, whether your driveway looks pale in comparison to the neighbors’, or if you want to improve the appearance and value of your front yard. Elite Property Wash, which services the entire Perth area, uses high pressure cleaning to remove all stains, buildup and dirt. This will make your driveway look clean, vibrant, and as good as it did before.
Tips to maintain a clean driveway throughout the year
Maintaining the appearance of your driveway on a regular basis is important. Here are some tips to keep your driveway looking clean all year round:
- Sweep your driveway regularly, especially after rain or storms.
- Keep oil buckets under older cars to avoid stains.
- In the event that spills occur on your driveway or concrete, you should act immediately to avoid the stain spreading.
- Avoid harsh chemicals which can cause your driveway to look uneven and discolored.
- Regularly clean and seal your driveway.